To support out teachers and to continually improve student learning in the School, Professional Development (PD) is organised on a regular basis, and can be achieved through several means:
- Attending conferences and workshops
- Assessing development against current research and teaching practices, and in dialogue with colleagues in the School
- Drawing on our own, local and international experiences
- Promoting cooperative practices amongst teachers
- Pursuing further study
- Establishing personal goals
Carmel School Association believes that every teacher has the right to an objective, overt, regular process of appraisal, and the School has adopted an integrated system combining personal as well as school development. Evaluation is an ongoing process and every member of the staff is encouraged to challenge themselves and to develop their skills.