A very special Rosh Hashanah message to our Carmel School Association community from Rabbi Mervis, Chief Rabbi of the United Kingdom and Commonwealth.
Carmel Elementary Campus
At Carmel Elementary, we think about and reflect on our learning. We challenge ourselves and take ownership for our learning. We encourage our students to learn through curiosity, to ask questions and to explore ways of finding answers to these questions. This inquiry-based approach involves our teachers carefully guiding our students in:
- exploring, wondering and questioning
- experimenting and playing with possibilities
- making connections between previous learning and current learning
- making predictions and acting purposefully to see what happens
- collecting data and reporting findings
- clarifying existing ideas and reappraising perceptions of events
- researching and seeking information
- taking and defending a position
We try to act on and show the qualities of the PYP Learner Profile, by aiming to be: Inquirers, Thinkers, Communicators, Risk-takers, Knowledgeable, Principled, Caring, Open-minded, Well-balanced and Reflective.