It has been a busy week of settling back into eLearning and I would like to commend all the of students for their perseverance and good attitude as the online learning persists.
In mathematics, we have been focused on geometry. The students have been expanding their mathematical vocabulary to discuss and describe 2d shapes. They showed their learning by creating art using all the types of angles and lines and classifying shapes by their features.
Our unit of inquiry about art has continued and in addition to all sorts of hands on creative activities, the students have been doing a research report on an artist of their choosing. We have been learning to interpret art and how to talk about it using the correct terminology. All along they have been creating little masterpieces of their own!
Our reading and writing have revolved around poetry. We have learned the features of poetry and the literary devices that writers use in creating poems. I look forward to creating our own poetry next week.
The other big news for the week is of course our (part-time) return to face-to-face learning. I had a thorough Q&A session with the students today about next Friday, but the key points you may wish to know are:
- The day begins at the Borrett Road Campus at 7.20am and will end at 12.40pm
- The students should bring an additional snack and plenty of water as we cannot provide a meal
- The students do not need to bring their iPad but should pack workbooks in their bags
- The students should wear their PE kits as they will have a PE lesson on the day
- Art will move to an online lesson on Wednesday
- I have attached a screenshot of the updated schedule below. I will be walking carefully through the schedule with the students on Monday morning.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.