We have had an exciting week tuning into our new unit with our central idea "People can have an impact on the ocean". Time was spent one-on-one with each child completing a pre assessment where an understanding of prior knowledge was established. The new unit was then introduced by the children entering the classroom and noticing that the ocean they had created was filled with trash. We spent much time discussing what they noticed in the ocean, why it was there, the affects on the ocean etc. It was very interesting to hear the insightful discussion amongst the class. We then had a look at the globe and inquired into the different parts that make up the earth (water and land) and what living things inhabit the ocean.
- Various number puzzles
- Hooray for Fish by Lucy Cousins
- What does it mean to be Green? By Rana DiOrio
- Slippery fish
- Under the sea
- A sailor went to sea
- Warm up running and stretching
- Run and find a mat when the music stops. Copy the action on the mat eg. star jumps, frog hops, balancing, arm circles etc
- Fine Motor - Topple Balancing game and bead connectors
- Messy Play - Water beads and ocean animals
- Art and Craft
- Water-colouring sea animals and free drawing
- Painting our class ocean and ocean floor
In Jewish Studies this week we have continued exploring the 6 days of Creation. We have had fun engaging with our Creation discovery table, and spent time inquiring into Days 3 and 4 of Creation!
This week in Mandarin, we started to talk about families, we learnt our different family member`s names in Mandarin. The children shared their family photos, and we also learned a lovely song about family.
Reminders and Notices
- Show and Tell - Monday
- Library - Tuesday
- PE - Thursday
- Friday 13 November - Teacher Professional Development Day School finishes at 12pm