Over the last 2 weeks we have continued with our current unit about caring for the environment. Today we had our first day of e learning which the children all embraced with great enthusiasm.
Unit of Inquiry
Central Idea: People have a responsibility to care for the environment
Lines of Inquiry
1. Our environment
2. Our responsibility towards the environment
3. How our choices impact our world
Books and Songs
- Look After Your Planet
- The Adventures of an Aluminium Can
- The Smartest Giant in Town
- Monkey Puzzle
- The Earth is My Home Song
- Reduce Reuse Recycle. Song
- We've Got the Whole World in our Hands
Inquiry Activities and Discussions:
- Recapped what our Unit of Inquiry is all about.
- Partner talking about photos of different kinds of pollution - children shared what they could see, what they think and how they feel
- Focused on Reduce and Reuse
- Identified and sorted items that are reusable (thumbs up) and those that are used once and thrown away (thumbs down)
- Made paper using water and newspaper
Craft: Happy/Sad earth sorting and sticking, painting with recycled materials, decorated reusable bags, making paper
Math: Shape memory match game, Number recognition 0-10 and counting 1-20
Fine Motor: Ripping newspaper for paper making and playdoh
Discovery Table: Exploring all the natural materials on our discovery table - wooden and stone etc
Messy Play: Play in soil with seeds and plant pots
PE: Warm up stretching exercises, running around the Shul, riding on bikes and cars around the Shul, play with mini footballs
In Jewish Studies this week we have had so much fun inquiring into Tu Bishvat. We loved planting our own seeds in our recycled pots, and we had fun exploring vegetables in soil and tasting interesting fruits. Next week we will enjoy Tu Bishvat together online. Please have some fruit ready on Monday so we can celebrate together!
Our Chazan's for the last 2 weeks were:
Our Ima's and Aba's from last week were
This week in Mandarin, we told stories about vegetables. And we talked about where some vegetables come from.
Thank you to Liam's Mummy and Becky's Daddy for coming for Parent reading
Notices and Reminders
- We will be back on e learning on Monday. The web page link will be emailed out first thing Monday morning.