This week in Nursery L we started our second unit Sharing the Planet. We have also been very busy practicing for our Chanukah performance next week!
Unit of Inquiry
Central Idea: People have the responsibility to care for the environment.
Lines of Inquiry
1. Our environment
2. Our responsibility towards the environment
3. How our choices impact our world
Books and Songs
- Let's Take Care of the Earth
- I Can Save the Earth
- Save the Planet - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJToF8D9bdU
Inquiry Activities and Discussions:
- The children were asked about the provocations in the classroom
- Watched you tube video about how the earth was made.
- Discussed what our environment is made up of for example land, mountain, trees, water, animals and people.
Other Activities: Messy Play - Play dough, bugs and nature objects.
Craft: Hand print Earth
Math: Shape and colour classification. Number songs and counting from 1-20
PE: Warm up stretching and exercises, Scooter board races
Our Ima's and Aba's
In Jewish Studies this week we have been very busy preparing for Chanuka! We have each made our own Chanukia, we decorated our chanukah brachot, and we are getting ready for our Chanukah celebration in school next week! We are so excited to see you all there!
This week in Mandarin, we started to learn about fruits. The children told what fruit they like and we learn a new song about fruits.
We are really enjoying the Parent Reading. If you haven't signed up yet please do as the children are so excited for you to come!
Notices and Reminders
- Tuesday is Library
- Thursday is PE and Show and Tell - Please remember to return library books.
- 29th November - Parent Teacher Conferences
- 2nd December – Chanukah Celebration (Parents invited). Children should dress all in BLACK
- 17th December - Last day of term. School finishes at 12pm
- New photos have been added to our class google drive folder. This can be accessed by clicking this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1exbxuzNd6yDvpq07fEnk4byEfI